So by now, you’d realise that I play along with a lot of challenges – why? – well I’m super busy with work and all the activities that my daughter is involved in so when I find that small bit of time to get crafty I often find myself just sitting there lacking inspiration.
So I go to my list of challenges for inspiration, many times I combine 2 or 3 as the thinking in done for me. They might be a sketch, colour scheme or a theme – so I then just grab the relevant items and I’m off. It’s a great way to create when you may only have 30 minutes free and lack ideas.
So here’s what I’ve been doing today:
I’m on my 3rd month of playing with the Gerda Steiner image challenges and this month we get to use her Balancing on ornament mouse digital image. He is adorable and I had so much fun colouring him in with my Stampin Up Blends.
I also used a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #311 to help me with my layout design.
- Digital Image – Gerda Steiner ‘Balancing on ornament mouse’
- Markers – Stampin Up Blends – Cherry Cobbler, Smokey Slate & Old Olive
- Cardstock – Stampin Up – Whisper White & Cherry Cobbler, Stampin Up DSP Merry Musically
- Misc – White puffy paint, gold embossing powder & gold thread
Up next is a card for a challenge for the Watercooler Wednesday Challenges #143. The challenge was an anything goes feminine card. I was asked to make a fun card for a little girl and I’ve been wanting to try out a blackboard style card and I think it fits in nicely with this challenge.
I made the actual blackboard by cutting and gluing the frame around some plain black cardstock. I used twine to tie it all together like a real blackboard.
- Cardstock – Stampin Up Crumb cake, Basic black & Whisper white
- Stamps – Stampin Up Woodgrain (on the frame), Wacky Wishes (sentiment – retired) & Pretty Petites (banner – retired)
- Punch – Stampin Up Petite Curly Label (retired)
- Inks – Stampin Up Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry & Craft white
- Misc – Twine
Thanks for looking and have a great day.