Hello there, it’s time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. This week being the 5th week of the month is an anything goes challenge. You can make a card, a 3D project, a tag; you get the idea!
I decided to make a 3D card. I’ve seen quite a few of these around on Pinterest and thought I’d give it a go. It’s a pull-up card. It looks difficult but it’s really all about cutting, planning and then glueing!
I used Stampin Up inks in Pool Party. Tempting Turquiose, Island Indigo and Basic Black; Sycamore Street DSP; card stock in Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango and Whisper White and Watercolor Wings stamp set. The sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays ‘Bold Wishes’.
To make this card you’ll need:
- 4 pieces of 2″ x 12″ cardstock for your concertina strips
- Score along the 12″ side at 2″, 4″, 6″, 8″ & 10″
- 20 pieces of 1.3/4 x 1.3/4 plain card to mat
- 16 pieces of 1.1/2 x 1.1/2 of pattern paper to layer on top
- 4 pieces pf 1.1/2 x 1.1/2 pieces of white paper for the sentiments
- 1 piece of 6.1/4 x 6.1/4 cardstock for your base
- 1 piece of 6 x 6 pattern paper to layer on top of your base
- 2 pieces of 7/8 x 3.1/4 strips to hold your card together
- Some small circle die cuts to finish off the top where your ribbon will go
- Approximately 12″ of ribbon and the same of twine.
- I glued the little square pieces (plain cardstock, DSP and sentiment white cardstock) onto the concertina strips before I assembled it
- Glue the concertina pieces to the underside of your DSP square and then glue this piece to your plain cardstock base
- Then glue the 2 pieces of 7/8 x 3.1/4 together first then glue them down under the concertina strips at the top
- Punch a hole in the circles and push the ribbon through to hang it
- Then add the butterflies to the twine and glue the twine under the concertina top and bottom. You don’t need to do this bit but I thought it added some fun to the centre of the card.
Come join in the fun and make an anything goes project. Check out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us. You have until Wednesday, 7th November at 10:00 Melbourne Time or Tuesday 6th November 5pm Mountain Time to link up your project.
Thanks for looking and have a great day.